One MSU student has been reported to fall ill due to consuming food from Jimmy John’s, but the illness appears to have occurred in Southeastern Michigan. Nevertheless, the Michigan Department of Community Health has issued a public health alert about shiga toxin producing E. coli in raw sprouts. The MDCH is recommending that people do not consume raw clover sprouts until the origin of the sprouts in confirmed. The MDCH advisory is linked here.
Jimmy John’s has had a history of E. coli and Salmonella contaminated sprouts. Links to past outbreaks are listed below: